Getting to Lamu island:
A member of our team will be at the arrivals at the Manda/Lamu airport with a sign.
He will escort you to our traditional boat and drive you to your Shela (15 min. boat ride).
Lamu island is located off the northeastern coast of Kenya. There are at least 3 daily flights from Nairobi (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and Wilson Airport) and from Malindi. The flight from Nairobi takes a little more than an hour and only 20 minutes from Malindi.
Companies departing from Nairobi:
- Fly540 departure in the morning from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, in high-season up to 3 flights per day
- Safari-link departure in the morning from Wilson Airport
- Air Kenya departure mid-afternoon from Wilson Airport
- Boskovic Private Air charter
- Air Lamu Private Air charter
- Fly540 departure late morning