Getting to Lamu island:
A member of our team will be at the arrivals at the Manda/Lamu airport with a sign.
He will escort you to our traditional boat and drive you to your Shela (15 minute boat ride).
Lamu island is located off the northeastern coast of Kenya. There are at least 3 daily flights from Nairobi (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and Wilson Airport) and from Malindi. The flight from Nairobi takes a little more than an hour and only 20 minutes from Malindi.
Companies departing from Nairobi:
- Fly540 departure in the morning from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, in high-season up to 3 flights per day
- Safari-link departure in the afternoon from Wilson Airport
- Air Kenya departure mid-afternoon from Wilson Airport
- SAXE (East African Safari Air Express) departure in mid-afternoon from Wilson Airport
- Skyward morning flight departure from Wilson Airport / departure from Malindi in the morning
- Fly540 departure late morning
Kenya’s International Airlines
- Skyward departure from Moi International Airport in the morning